Your support helps us provide FREE tutoring for school-age children and adults in the Springfield area. We also provide free books to preschoolers who are enrolled in programs that focus on serving those from lower-incomes that may find it hard to purchase books for children to keep. Additionally, we give out many books at community events to all children to help them grow both their personal libraries and their appreciation for reading. Making a difference starts with change, and your dollars and cents can go a long way to empower someone’s future through literacy. Donate using the button below.
Ozarks Literacy Council (OLC) has been sharing the gift of literacy in southwest Missouri since 1968. Our mission is to raise awareness and promote literacy through free services to adults and children. We teach people to read. Reading changes lives. When 2019 began 10% of our students were able to read at a third-grade level. That percentage is 47% today. We are proud of our students. Improving reading skills allowed them to: gain employment, assist with their child’s homework, get a driver’s license, and even going to college.
Please consider supporting OLC with a monthly gift. Your donation will assist with the continuation of our literacy programs.
- $10 will provide two books to a student
- $20 will provide one month of reading/tutoring materials for one student
- $50 will provide preschool books for one classroom reading visit
- $100 will provide training, materials and books for one tutor and student for one month
- $200 will provide ongoing support of our community events and advocacy
- $500 will assist with office expenses, insurance, and website maintenance
Is your company or organization looking for ways to give back? Consider hosting a book drive to collect New or Gently Used books for Ozarks Literacy Council. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the current need and how you can help fill our bookshelves!